Please read here for our standard terms and conditions...
1. If you cancel: *Cancellation insurance is recommended.
Prior to 6 weeks before commencement this would result in loss of 100 euros per person to cover administration costs.
3-6 weeks before commencement this would result in a loss of 50% of the total guiding fee.
Less than 3 weeks before commencement this would result in a loss of 100% of the guiding fee.
2. The right to cancel a booking is reserved. This would be for unavoidable circumstances only and in this case a full refund will be offered, alternative dates or a replacement guide/instructor arranged. If a course fails to attract enough people the course may be cancelled with a full refund offered or an alternative course offered. The course is guaranteed to run if it has not been cancelled 21 days before the commencement date.
3. Insurance- Rescue/travel insurance is your own responsibility and is mandatory. Insurance against injury or death and loss of earnings is strongly recommended.
4. For any reason the guide cannot fulfil the contract (due to illness) we shall either refund your money or find another guide to replace him or her (your choice).
5. The guide will endeavour to complete the itinerary proposed but must reserve the right to change this for reasons of safety or in the case of bad weather or snow conditions.
6. The person making the booking must ensure other participants read and accept these conditions.
7. Loaned or hired equipment must be returned in a reasonable condition or the repair or replacement cost will be charged.
8. No liability can be accepted for services provided by a third party even if it is recommended by Lars Vanhaelewyck or somebody working on his behalf.
9. If you have reason to complain about a service that is provided you are expected to raise it at the time or as soon as possible during your trip to give time to try and solve the problem. If the complaint is unresolved to your satisfaction during the trip put it in writing within 28 days.
10. If a dispute arises and there is recourse to legal proceedings French law will govern any litigation.
11. We accept no liability for the consequence of strikes, riots, acts of war or terrorism, disease outbreaks. Government intervention, natural disasters or adverse weather conditions. If such occurrence causes us to have to cancel a course or trip we will offer an alternative holiday if possible, but accept no liability for return of fees paid prior to cancellation or curtailment.
12. By booking you agree to abide by instructions and decisions made by the guide regarding individuals and the group as a whole. We reserve the right to exclude individuals from a planned activity on the grounds of health, safety or the success and enjoyment of the rest of the party. Any individuals so excluded are not entitled to a refund. Any individual contravening the decisions or advice of their guide, or undertaking independent mountain activities during the course shall forfeit all production and duty of care from the guide.
13. All information contained within our website and other publicity is of guidance only. Whilst making every effort to ensure accuracy we cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies or alterations beyond our control. Should any changes occur, clients will be notified before booking is accepted.
14. Clients have the right to transfer their booking to another person who satisfies all conditions for the course (including health, fitness and experience requirements).
15. Whilst we maintain high professional standards of client care and safety, you must realise and accept that climbing, mountaineering, skiing and snowboarding take place in remote and hazardous mountain terrain. All clients must be aware that taking part in such activities involve an acceptance of objective risks and taking responsibility for ones own actions.